Distance education masters programs
Ensure that your career path is on track with a master’s in your profession. Earning a respected, accredited master's degree through Distance Education at Appalachian State University can greatly benefit your professional advancement.
All of our graduate programs require applicants to hold a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution. Prospective applicants should check their program of interest for admission requirements.
Explore our options below.
What you need to know as a graduate applicant
Take the next step with one of our graduate-level programs offered through Distance Education at Appalachian State University. We are here to answer your pre-application questions so you can fulfill your educational and career goals.
- All programs require admission to Appalachian’s School of Graduate Studies as well as the selected program. Review the graduate program page of your intended program for specific requirements.
- All graduate degree programs require standardized test scores. Most certificate programs do not require test scores. For test requirements for your selected program, visit our graduate program pages.
- Each graduate-level program requires an undergraduate degree as well as transcripts from each college and university attended.
Our graduate application is used to apply for:
- Graduate Degree Programs, including master's and specialist degrees, and the educational leadership doctoral degree program
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- First-Time Graduate Non-Degree or Licensure Enrollment
Note: Students interested in taking individual graduate courses must apply to the university. Non/degree-seeking students are not admitted to a specific degree program and do not qualify for federal financial aid.
Appalachian State University reserves the right to cancel the start of any Distance Education program due to the lack of sufficient, sustainable enrollment (typically 15 for graduate programs and 18 for undergraduate programs). In the event of a cancellation for insufficient enrollment, application fees will be refunded. Refunds will also be issued for any tuition and fees paid by applicants. These refund policies apply only to canceled programs. When program starts are delayed, students may opt for a refund or apply their application to the new semester. If you have any questions concerning this policy, contact email@example.com.